Monday, October 11, 2004

It's Finally OVER

Well, I am back at work, fours hours of sitting on my ass in Clemente after four hours of class. I hate mondays. Especially this monday. The past three weeks have been nothing but hell (with a brief enjoyable break for my birthday but that's coming later). It started with my Psychology Exam about 1.5 weeks ago. Still haven't gotten it back though I'm pretty sure I got a 100. Next came Ecology. I just got that test back. Considering I didn't finish the test and definitely didn't spend enough time studying, a 74 is decent. And if I improve on subsequent tests, the 74 will be dropped. I like that. Invertebrate Zoology, lab practical and lecture exam. While I expected an ass raping, that did not occur. Due to extensive study and preparation my practical grade was a 95.5 and lecture exam an 84. I am pleased. Today concludes the extensive round of testing with Biochemistry 1 and Evolution both being today. Both were much better than I expected. Cheryl and I kicked butt. We studied SOOOOOO long yesterday. Amino acids and Carbohydrates baby!!!! I have aldoses and ketoses dancing in my head. Evolution was allotted only 1 hour of study time. If I had done more, I might have aced the test. Alas, I know that I have at least 10 points off already. *grumbles about homoplasy, analogous characters and homologous characters*
Regardless, I am now bored, having nothing to prepare for, though I suppose I could start putting together my Biochemistry Lab notebook. That will be collected eventually. *sighs* That and the SPSS homework I have due tomorrow for Ecology lab. Unfortunately, I need the library and the very expensive SPSS software which DOES NOT exist at work. So therefore work is a waste of time today.
Plus: I get paid this Friday.

So back to my wonderful break in between exams.....


IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am now 20. As Gretchen likes to put it, "Happy stupid Birthday" Even the guy at Smokeybones agreed. He told me that if I was turning 21 he would've gotten me a shot. Oh well, one more year. My birthday was awesome nevertheless. My parents bought me the BESTEST camera EVER!! It's a Nikon N55 and can convert from SLR to automatic. I'm so excited. Eric bought me Season 1 of Stargate SG-1. Tres Nifty. What really meant alot though, was the birthday cards that my friends gave me. I have awesome friends.
I got to go snorkeling in the Indian River Lagoon (IRL) down at Sebastien Inlet. Dr. Tankersley took about 6 of us South on a pontoon boat. We snorkeled just inside the inlet and collected invertebrate specimens. Unfortunately, the hurricane washed a bunch of stuff out and things were dead and nonexistent. It was fun anyway. Saturday night Cheryl organized a get together of a whole bunch of friends and we all went out to Smokey Bones Barbeque and Grill. Someone paid for my dinner but I don't know who. I have my suspicions though. Sneaky roommates and boyfriend. We played poker and cranium. Highly amusing. Then, Eric and I had fun. All I can say is....there is a first time for everything.

Well, now I need to pee, so I'll end this and see if I can't take a quick break.

All done. Bye Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home