Saturday, May 21, 2005

Finally on the west coast

Yesterday we flew out of Sydney Airport to Perth (If my typing is wierd, like with wierd characters, it's because the keyboard is funky) Perth is very pretty and sort of reminds me of Florida, there are a lot of similar plants (only because they have imported Australian plants to Florida) We are staying at this awesome hotel. We have a kitchen and everything which means that we can eat on the cheap if we buy from a grocery store. Australian tv shows are very interesting. We also had our very first lecture for the class from Dr. Shenker. It was just an overview of the logistics of our trip and then talking about Gondwanan species and distributions. We were interrupted several times by people honking as they drove by. We were sitting on the banks of a river, beside a road and the bikers and joggers going by were also interested. A whole flock of wild cockatoos also interrupted the lecture several times. At last it felt like we were taking a class, which we are supposed to be doing. :-) Again, the time stamp on the bottom is wrong for me. Just add 12 hours now. I am on the exact opposite side of the world from the Eastern US. That's really cool. I don't really know what I'll be doing today, probably just walking around Perth and enjoying the sights. More to come later!!

2 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Blogger Eric said...

hey Amy, it's Eric, sorry I missed your call. Things are getting interesting. You'll pick that up from the blog. I miss you alot.

-Eric

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Eric said...

ok so that sounded a bit less fluid than it did in my head, anywho, the long and the short of it is, I miss you and I'm organizing my time so I can actually workon what I need to work on.

-Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home