Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year!

New Year's was awesome. We always have a theme movie night. This year the theme was "Quirky Movies" and man were the movies quirky. My personal favorite was Danny Deckchair. It was set in Australia and was about a construction worker who attached a bunch of helium balloons to his lounge chair and floated away. Those crazy Australians! The other two movies we saw were Pieces of April (I think it's an independent film, very good) and Shoot or be Shot. All definitely fit the quirky bill. Paused the movie viewing to watch the ball drop in NYC, like always. I tried to call Eric, but apparently every other Verizon customer had the same idea and all of the circuits were busy so my cell phone was not working.
I slept blessedly late, and, as expected, Sears called, wanting me to come in to work. Time and a half pay, but I was going to visit my Grandmother in Massachusetts so I respectfully declined. The visit was pleasant but it was clear that she was getting old. We took her out to dinner and then drove back to Connecticut. Now, I'm watching Garden State. hmmm. Well, Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home