Saturday, August 13, 2005

ORIENTATION!!!

I am so thrilled to be back on campus!!! Cheryl and I are living in Southgate Apartments this year and until I saw the apartment I didn't realize how much they rock! My bedroom is probably about the same size or bigger than the one I have at home. I also have a walk-in closet that I plan on donating for storage space for the sorority. I do NOT need that much space. Unfortunately I still have not finished moving my stuff in. I JUST brought my hangars out of the storage area so now I can finally unpack my suitcases and hang up my clothes. My bed is made. YAY! And, my desk is nearly set up to my liking. I even have a tv in my room this year. Sweet.
Tomorrow is going to be exciting. Freshman move in tomorrow and I have just spent the past two days getting ready for them. The PPL team this year is really awesome. We set up the gym in three hours including Welcome Dinner tables and all the sign in desks. Seeing my old boss from Clemente was kind of awkward but he let me lead the group in laying down floor covering and taping since I had done all that for the job. No hard feelings there, which is good. There is a new Health and Wellness room in Clemente that was being constructed last semester and is finally finished and it totally rocks! There are two massage chairs that give you five minutes of massage for just a dollar! I'm totally spending time there. There are also five anti-gravity chairs, each with an MP-3 player so you can relax and listen to music. It totally rocks.
Training has gone really well so far and it's been really nice to get back in touch with all of my friends that I haven't seen since April! Everyone also likes my haircut, which is awesome too. I was surprised when I found out who had been reading this blog that I didn't know about. Please people, comment!!!!!

Anyway, Freshman and new students (transfers and graduates) come in tomorrow so it'll be a busy day. I'm excited beyond belief. I think this orientation will be one of the best yet. I enjoy having Sara Mayer and Melissa leading it. They've really done a great job.

Cheryl is finally here so we are going to have an awesome time in the apartment. Now, I must go hang clothes, take a shower and head to bed for Move-In!!!!


Music: Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban soundtrack. Gotta love the recorder melody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home