Sunday, July 30, 2006

Argh!

Oh frustrations abound today. I came to work today (it's Sunday) to set up for an experiment that I'm running tomorrow so that I can get my stuff done before I move up to Gainesville. The set up shouldn't have taken more than an hour, in fact, I should be leaving right now. But, because the LB media got contaminated and has a nice cloudy shade to it that looks remarkably like B subtilis (read: Sarcasm) I have to throw it out and make an entirely new batch of media which will take an hour just to sterilize, THEN I get to set up the experiment. So now, instead of getting out at 1 pm like I was planning, I probably won't get out until 3, and I got here at 12:30. Not only that, but since I was expecting to only be innoculating culture, I didn't bother bringing my lab notebook with me so I didn't have the recipe for making LB media and I had to look it up online. When I did look it up I found two different recipes, which normally wouldn't be a problem but I couldn't remember if it was 10:5:5 parts or if it was 10:10:5 parts, and the two different recipes were exactly those two different parts. ARGH!!! So now I'm sitting in the lab, wasting time and waiting for my LB to sterilize. Then I get to wait for it to cool. THEN I can innoculate and leave.

So frustrating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home