Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Community Ecology funness

Finally, a lab class that meets outside on the FIRST DAY OF LAB! Turkey Creek Sanctuary to be exact. After avoiding a narrow scrape of being in a lab group with Brady and Meghan, and NOT being in a lab group with Knox, I am happy. We spent 2.5 hours crawling through lots of plants, getting dirty and just having fun being outdoors. Hooray I can identify some plants now! Like Saw Palm, Sabal Palm, Laurel Oaks, Red Maples, Hackberry's and Live Oaks. Not too bad today, it looked like it was thinking of raining when we left, but it didn't. We stayed dry and fairly warm considering it was 45 degrees this morning! BRRRRRR Why does Florida get this cold? It's not fair.

So far this week's been nuts. And the bus company is making me MAD! No busses available for the Tri-Beta Everglades Camping trip. Not cool. So now we carpool. This time, it WON'T rain. No. The weather must cooperate. I order it to be so. Well, I'm gonna go work on compiling the ecology data to send to the prof, cause I volunteered.

Yay, I like the soundtrack to The Time Machine. Klaus Badelt rocks my world. (Hint: PotC composer)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home